Duration: 10 h 00
Availability: Everyday 8:00
Category: Full Day, A Day from Paris
Tour available everyday
ROUEN - GIVERNY “Discovering Impressionism”
You wish to explore your artistic side ?
We think we have just what you’re looking for.
- Situated less than 2 hours from Paris, in the heart of Normandy, your personal driver-guide will pick you up around 08h at your hotel and drive you to Rouen, famous for its historical center.
- A local guide will then welcome you for a private 2 hour Walking Tour: you will see the highlights of Rouen, including the magnificent cathedral, ‘rue du Gros Horloge’, medieval houses, as well as having an introduction to Impressionism.
- After enjoying lunch at France’s oldest restaurant “La Couronne” (serving excellent ‘fare’ since 1345, although the menu has changed slightly since then!) you will be driven to Claude Monet’s House & Gardens in Giverny. The Father of Impressionism, Monet, made this Normandy village known around the world by spending the second-half of his life there.
- Enjoy the unique beauty of his picturesque estate, including the breathtaking gardens and ponds, a visit of the Impressionist Museum is also included in your visit.
- Around 16h30 you will begin your return to Paris, taking the scenic route, you will marvel at the spectacular view of the Seine Valley from the “Route of the Ridges”.
- You should be back at your hotel around 18h.